Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chris' Demo Speech

My demonstration speech was on how to make English toffee bars. I thought that overall it was a pretty good speech and everyone was able to learn how to make them. Some over all comments I had on it was that I was a little quite at times. Also there were a few times where there were awkward silences. This happened especially when I had to mix the ingredients. I think that I didn’t have much of a choice with these once I started my speech, by that I mean that I should have picked a better topic so there wouldn’t be lots of mixing or I should have prepared better to shorten the time I had to mix. My eye contact wasn’t amazing either. It was a little hard because I had to be careful not to spill so I was trying to keep it in balance. I also seemed to be fairly monotone and I know from watching other speeches that this makes it very boring so I should have worked on that.

I think that I organized my speech well. I went through the steps logically and not to quickly or anything. Also I think that my conclusion and intro were pretty good. I talked about the uses for my dessert and I included a short summery of the steps in the conclusion so that people would remember more. I also think that even though my visual aid took away from some of my contact with the audience, I used the visual aid well and it obviously worked with my speech because it pretty much was my speech.

If I was to do this again I would probably pick the same topic. It was easy to show how to make it. I would have practiced a little more and tried to perfect the timing of everything.

To view speech click here

No comments:

Post a Comment