Monday, May 3, 2010

Response to "Pears"

In Shelby’s blog post about real and fake food she makes many arguments for why real foods, or in her specific case, fresh pears, are better for people than the proceed versions of the food or canned pears. She talks about how when she wants to eat pears she usually just eats pears from a can and that they aren’t as good as fresh pears, but they are easier to eat because they are already peeled and sliced and everything. The article that she uses talks about how pears are beneficial for the body. In pears there are many beneficial ingredients including vitamins, fiber, and anti-oxidants. They have been shown to lower blood pressure and have nutrients that help in preventing the loss of vision. She then goes on to say that she eats canned ones because in college the access to fresh fruits very hard and buying a few cans to save is much easier because they won’t go bad like fresh pears would.

I agree with a lot of what Shelby talks about. I love fresh fruit myself and I know that I don’t get enough of it. I know that they are much better for me than the processed fruits especially because all of the extra ingredients, including sugar, that are in the processed foods. Pears are not my favorite fruits but I do like them once in a while. I think that I should probably eat more fresh fruits because they are good for me. However I do think that in some cases the processed versions of the food can be good for people especially in moderation. Many of them have extra vitamins and minerals that many people don’t get enough of. This can help our health a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment