Monday, April 19, 2010

On Sunday April 18th I made a meal for one of my friends and me. I made steak, mashed potatoes and broccoli. I had to plan what to get, how much time I would need to get everything and how to make it. I made a list of what I needed to get which included steaks, seasoning, potatoes, butter, milk, broccoli, olive oil, and salt. I went to the grocery store to get these things. Then I got back and started to cook. The first thing I did was peel the potatoes so I could start to cook them. Then I boiled to potatoes. While they were going I stared water for the broccoli and prepared the broccoli by washing it and cutting it into smaller pieces. Then I started to prepare the steaks. I took them out of their packaging and rubbed some steak seasoning on them. Then I broiled them for about 8 minutes on each side until they were medium. I then took them out and at about the same time the broccoli and potatoes were done. I then mashed the potatoes and added a little milk, butter and salt for flavor. Then I served the food and we ate. It was really good and we both liked it. Afterwards I felt really full and satisfied.

The cooking and preparation made the meal taste a lot better because I know that I went through the work to create the meal. I agree with Michael Pollan when he talks about how food should be something we enjoy and not rushing through everything. I think that my meal was slow and tasted great. In Marc David’s article, he talks about how people today eat to get full when really we should be eating to enjoy it.

*Photo from

http://sysco-jax.com/gallery/Steak-Plate-Presentations/steak_red_potatoes_1

No comments:

Post a Comment